USE IT OR LOSE IT
1. Meditate: the #1 brain exercise! Stress clouds your thinking, so relieve stress with meditation. It’s easy! Put on your headphones, press PLAY on your meditation music download, and let the technology put you in a meditative state.
2. Work on being ambidextrous. Brush your hair, write, use the mouse and eat/drink with the “wrong” hand.
3. When something is broken, find creative repair solutions using common objects. Make do with what you have; make repairs with odd items and ingenuity.
4. Learn to convincingly argue every side of an argument.
5. Write with the wrong hand. Write backwards with both.
6. Read upside down (the text, not you).
7. Hydrate. Water enhances the brain’s electrochemical activity – dehydration slows it!
8. Change your perspective. Turn the pictures in your home upside down for a while.
9. Doodle and draw visual solutions to problems instead of using numbers or text.
10. Mentally estimate the passage of time.
11. Listen to classical music.
12. Power nap.
13. Stop procrastinating!
14. Move and motion daily. (We don’t prefer the word ‘exercise’.)
15. Eat exceptionally well. Give your brain energy and nutrients, not fillers and chemicals from junk/processed food.
16. Solve math problems without a calculator.
17. Remember phone numbers.
18. Mix up your routine. (We dare you.)
19. Play chess – especially a prolonged email version.
20. Solve optical illusions.
21. Play brain games like crosswords or Sudoku.
Please Support These American Owned Businesses Today
Get Your Natural Vitamins A & D from the Sea!
Thanks for the list. I tried meditation, but couldn’t focus, so I went back to Irish Whiskey. I often try to write with my left hand, and am surprised that my hand writing is better. Cursive is our secret weapon. Children now-a-days don’t know how to write. I do grab a nappy a few times a week; an hour is about my limit, then I’m up at 2 am writing on this blog. Happy Sunday Jack and Dodie.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Phil. I’m with you on the meditation business. It’s just too formal for my busy, creative brain. Oh, but I love a good nap now & then.