Various natural repellents can be used to keep pests away from your home. Some popular options include:
Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is a natural repellent for mice and rats. Its strong scent masks the scent of food, making your home less attractive to these pests.
Cayenne pepper: Cayenne pepper is a natural repellent for ants and other insects. Its spicy scent is unappealing to these pests and can help keep them away from your home.
Citrus oils: Citrus oils, such as lemon and orange oil, are natural repellents for insects and spiders. The strong scent of these oils is unappealing to these pests and can help keep them away from your home.
5 Non-toxic Pest Repellent Recipes
- DIY Citronella Candles”
- Ingredients: Citronella essential oil, beeswax, wick, candle container
- Method: Melt the beeswax in a double boiler, add in citronella oil, mix well. Pour the mixture into the candle container and add the wick. Allow to cool and harden before lighting.
- Homemade Lavender Spray
- Ingredients: Water, witch hazel, lavender essential oil
- Method: Mix equal parts water and witch hazel in a spray bottle. Add in 20-30 drops of lavender essential oil. Shake well before use.
- Peppermint Oil Spray
- Ingredients: Water, peppermint essential oil
- Method: Mix 10-15 drops of peppermint oil in a water-filled spray bottle. Shake well before use.
- Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Oil Repellent
- Ingredients: Water, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil
- Method: Mix 10-15 drops of eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil in a water-filled spray bottle. Shake well before use.
- Rosemary and Lemon Repellent
- Ingredients: Rosemary leaves, lemon, water
- Method: Boil a pot of water, add in a handful of fresh rosemary leaves and a sliced lemon. Allow the mixture to steep for 30 minutes. Strain the mixture and pour into a spray bottle. Shake well before use.
In God We Trust
Thanks for supporting independent true journalism with a small tip. Dodie & Jack
We are thankful to our incredible sponsors!
Please Support These American Owned Businesses
Get Your Natural Vitamins A & D from the Sea!
History, Texas, Pioneers, Genealogy
From award-winning Texas author Cynthia Leal Massey.
CLICK: PARK LANE by Rebecca Taylor
Thanks for the tips on insect repellent. The cats take care of any mice that foolishly come into the house.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I like this! There are some goshawful barn spiders in my cellar, and they sneak in the house during warm weather. We’ll just go to war and shoot ’em with mint!