- Exacerbation of pre-existing headache disorders,
- De novo PPE-associated headaches (PPE is personal protective equipment, such as face masks, N95 respirators, face shields, and other items; de novo, in this specific usage, refers to a headache that did not exist prior to the introduction of PPE and therefore provide a stronger indication that the introduced PPE is a cause of the headache.),
- Migraine headaches,
- Irritation of cervical nerves in the neck and head by mask straps,
- Drowsiness, which is qualitative neurological deficits,
- Syncope, which is the inability to maintain sufficient blood pressure to allow the brain to properly function, thereby increasing the risk of falling,
- Triggers cerebral ischemia, which is the reduction of blood flow to the brain, thereby reducing the amount of oxygen available to brain tissue,
- Increased brain volume,
- Decrease in cerebrospinal fluid spaces,
- Increased intracranial pressure (Generally speaking, as the brain enlarges, pressure on the skull increases.),
- Increased vasodilation in the central nervous system,
- Increase in cerebral artery flow,
- Decreased pulsation of blood vessels in the central nervous system,
- Damage to blood vessels that supply the brain,
- Decreased cerebral perfusion (Perfusion is the act of pumping blood through the body, cerebral perfusion is the movement of blood and thereby oxygen through the tissue of the brain.),
- Deterioration of the hippocampus, which is a particularly oxygen-sensitive portion of the brain,
- Degeneration of the brain due to reduced oxygen,
- Neurodegenerative disease,
- Alzheimer’s disease,
- Meningitis, which is inflammation of the fluid and membranes around the brain and spinal cord,
- Autoimmune encephalitis such as basal ganglia encephalitis and pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections, which is also known as PANDAS.
- Obstructs flow of blood vessels in the face,
- Obstructs flow of lymph in the face.
In his book Face Masks Hurt Kids, Lou Rockwell indicates some issues of wearing mask can be minor. Some issues are major.
“The broad takeaway from this list for me is that there is no longer any way to say that a face mask is safe for any man, woman, or child to wear,” Rockwell wrote. “Masks are least safe for anyone frail such as the sick, the elderly, and children to wear.”
“There is no excuse to let a person force a mask on your child, not just to get through the door, not because I’m in a hurry, not to avoid an uncomfortable conversation, not just to visit grandma, and certainly not just to get through the day at school. Allowing such behavior is negligent and needs to be stopped. We need to have the hard conversations that stop it. We cannot keep avoiding the issue: people in authority demand the right to place this unquestionably harmful medical device on our children and on others.”
“If we cannot summon the will and the wherewithal to stand up for the children in our lives, we have little hope of standing up for the rest of society.“
Please Support These American Owned Businesses
Goettle HVAC and Plumbing services are located in Phoenix, Tucson, San Antonio, Austin, Las Vegas areas as well as regions in Southern California.