The average taxpayer’s contribution to wasteful government spending in the year 2021 equaled about $15,332 each.
Because of Christmas related busyness, I have just now been able to read the Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) annual Festivus Report for 2021. Here are the highlights:
The total was $52,598,515,585 of wasteful spending.
“Uncle Sam WASTED the taxes of: 3,430,636 people,” Sen. Paul revealed. Here are his first quick examples of what this money could have been spent on instead of waste:
- Giving every person in the world $6.78.
- 13,149 miles of 4-lane highway construction – long enough to cross the United States 5.26 times.
- 4.5 months of operating the Veterans Administration.
- 1 year and 8 months of funding the Department of Energy.
- 773,000,000 – Foreign countries use our aircraft for free for 4 years, by Department of Defense (DOD).
- $549,000,000 – US bought Afghanistan planes that were later thrown away (DOD).
- $2,400,000,000 – US-constructed buildings in Afghanistan left sitting unused (DOD).
- $25,000,000 – COVID relief grant for NYC to display art projects across the city.
- $4,290,000,000 – Ineligible and duplicate PPP loans Small Business Administration (SBA).
- $36,000,000,000 – Improper CARES Act unemployment insurance payments.
- $250,000,000 – Constructing border walls in the Middle East and North Africa (DOD).
- $150,000 – Free trips for Korean children to visit D.C. (USAID).
- $4,500,000 – Grinding up ferrets to develop COVID and flu vaccines.
- $2,100,000 – Tax Credit incentivizing CA residents to uninstall fireplaces.
- $182,741 – Translating books into the Georgian language (State Department).
- $200,000 – Teaching French people about US culture (State).
- $88,000,000 – Giving irrigation systems to Afghan farmers left unused (USAID).
- $2,500,000 – Developing a film about dinosaurs to inspire middle schoolers (NSF).
- $465,339 – Pigeons playing slot machines (NIH).
- $11,300,000 – Telling people to not burn their trash (USAID).
- $179,000,000 – Funding Green Energy programs in Africa (State).
- $28,005 – DC Metro paid Lyft to subsidize riders.
- $3,400,000,000 – Attempting to replace an assault vehicle over 2 decades (DOD).
- $14,000,000 – Funding the Wilson Center to put on parties for Congressmen.
- $1,300,000 – Study verified that hearing bad news decreases happiness levels (NIA).
- $400,000,000 – Planting trees in New York City.
- $2,100,000 – Government paid for students who didn’t actually attend those schools.
- $352,000 – Kids crave junk food and gain weight if they’re exposed to it (NIDDK).
- $5,000,000 – Getting high schoolers excited about being airplane pilots (FAA).
- $337,500 – Fattening eels for human consumption (FDA).
- $4,200,000,000 – Social Security overpayments to beneficiaries in Fiscal Year 2019 (SSA).
CLICK HERE to read Paul’s complete report.
Please Support These American Owned Businesses
Click here: Get Your Natural Vitamins A & D from the Sea!