This chicken salad recipe makes a delicious, quick meal and was inspired by our recent trip to the wine region of Texas (between Fredericksburg and Johnson City).
We also enjoy H-E-B Meal Simple Turkey Salad with Pecans and Cranberries. Yum!
We make this with chicken, grapes, and roasted pecans, it is so tasty.
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- celery leaves chopped (optional)
- Add chopped chicken to a large bowl along with celery, grapes, dried cherries, chopped pecans, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. If using chopped celery leaves, add these as well. Stir together until just combined.
To lighten up the recipe, use Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise.
| Carbohydrates: 11g
| Protein: 40g
| Fat: 6g
| Saturated Fat: 1g
| Cholesterol: 106mg
| Sodium: 279mg
| Potassium: 129mg
| Fiber: 2g
| Sugar: 8g
| Vitamin A: 355IU
| Vitamin C: 1.7mg
| Calcium: 48mg
| Iron: 0.6mg